As of August 1st, 2019, Pediatric Practices of NEPA has merged with Wayne Memorial Community Health Centers to become the Pediatric Centers of WMCHC. So, what does this mean for you, our valued patients?
Some things will stay the same:
- The same providers will continue to see your children, with one exception. Dr. Marcus has decided, after 40 years of practice, to enjoy retirement!
- Our offices in Honesdale, Waymart, and Sterling will continue to operate on the same schedules they had previously.
- Phone and fax numbers remain the same for all offices.
- We will continue to offer evening hours on Monday – Thursday in Honesdale and Sterling.
- We will also continue to offer weekend hours in the Honesdale office on Saturday and Sunday from 9am-12noon.
- Patients and parents will still have access to our patient portal.
- If you have a credit card on file with PPNP, we may still use it to process payments for services prior to the transition.
Some things will change:
- While WMCHC takes most of the same insurances we already accepted, there are a few exceptions; check with your insurance company to be sure.
- The check-in process at the office has some new paperwork for you to complete.
- You will notice some changes to the website – this is a work in progress! If you see something that looks incorrect, please let us know!
- During the transition phase, you may receive bills from both Pediatric Practices or Wayne Memorial Community Health Center, depending on how quickly your insurance company processes claims. If you have questions about your bill, please call the office and we can direct you to the appropriate department.
- We will no longer be able to use your credit card on file (CCOF) for services provided after 8/1/2019.
- For those patients who are considered “self-pay,” meaning they have no health insurance coverage, there is no longer a discount for paying in full at the time of service; however, WMCHC does have a sliding fee scale to assist those who do not have insurance. Please speak to any member of our front desk staff to obtain this paperwork.
Whew! That’s a lot! Thanks so much for your patience during this transition, and thanks for trusting us to care for your children.